Monday, December 30, 2013

New Season of Survivorman–UPDATE!

UPDATE: I have to be honest guys, I have no idea what is going on. It appears that without any advertising, at least any I have seen, the Discovery Channel premiered the new season of Survivorman on January 1, 2014 at 9:00pm. The episode was titled “Grenada Jungle”, and for those of you who missed it, it can be seen again this Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 2:00pm.

It looks like the show will air on the Discovery Channel on Wednesdays at 9:00pm, the following episode, “Frigate Island” will air on January 8, 2014 at 9:00pm.

To make thing more confusing, despite the continuing commercials on the Science Channel, which is owned by Discovery, it does not appear that the new season of Survivorman will air there at all. The commercials were quite clear that the new season will premier on January 7, 2014 at 10pm on the Science Channel, but the TV guide on the DVR is not showing any Survivorman episodes in that time slot.

I wish I had better answers for you. I have no idea why Discovery is turning the premier of this very anticipated show into a mystery quest.

I’ve left the old post below.

I’ve been a bit reluctant to post about this because there has been so little advertising about the show, and the release date keeps getting pushed back, but I’ve seen enough commercials about it, so I figured I would mention it. The New season of Survivorman will premier on the Science Channel on January 7, 2014 at 10pm.

survivorman_a_l

Whether you count this new season as season four or five depends on how you counted the two Survivorman 10 Days episodes. I think they were treated as part of season three, which would make this new season, season four. It was originally scheduled to premier in December of this year, but there was a delay resulting from an injury Les Stroud sustained while filming an episode about looking for Sasquatch.

I have not been able to find anything about this new season on the Survivorman website, and there is no current schedule showing the premier on the Science Channel website. However, on television, I have seen quite a few commercials about the new season, but am yet to see any footage from it. I am not sure exactly what is going on. I would have expected a lot more publicity. Maybe the release will get pushed back even further. All we know for sure is that there will be another season, and that it will feature an episode with Les Stroud’s son, and an episode about him searching for Sasquatch.

No comments:

Post a Comment